Friday, December 21, 2012

Three Cheese Elbow Pasta


          My daughter's favorite restaurant is the Olive Gardens (back in US), and the dish that she orders almost every time we went there is the Five Cheese Ziti Pasta. Now we are in India and she misses the Italian food. This week she is getting her braces done, and one of the foods that she cannot have much after that is cheese, which she loves. So, for the past few days it has been all pasta and pizza. I made her this Three Cheese Elbow Pasta, named so, because I had used multi grain elbow pasta and the three variety of cheese that I had. It is a very easy dish, even kids can put it together, tasted very good, my daughter's verdict was, ' tastes close to the Five Cheese Pasta', well, what more can I ask for..

Need To Have

  • Multi Grain Elbow Pasta - 1 + 1/2 cup
  • Pasta Sauce - 5 to 6 tablespoon
  • Grated Parmesan Cheese - 3 tablespoons
  • Grated Cheddar Cheese - 3 tablespoons
  • Mozarella Cheese - same amount as the above cheese
  • Dried Oregano - 1/2 teaspoon
  • Salt & Pepper - to taste

Method


          Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the box. Drain, mix in the pasta sauce, microwave for 2 minutes. Remove, add the oregano powder, pepper, salt, the grated parmesan and cheddar, mix, add the mozarella slices on the top and microwave for another 2 minutes or till the cheese melts. Serve it warm.



Note
Once the pasta is cooked, you can do the last part- mixing in the cheese and microwaving in separate bowls and serve them.
The amount of cheese added depends on individual preference, I had added a little more of each cheese and microwaved it separately for my daughter.
You can use any kind of pasta.
I had used Kraft Parmesan, local Cheddar from Auroville and Amul Frozen Mozarella.
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. Even my daughter loves all these cheesy stuff.

    Hugs to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dish looks so easy to put together but looks divine with all those cheeses. Definitely on the must try list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kid will love this,filling and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy ...join me in Fast Food - Poha event in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks yummy ..Kids would love it
    http://great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheesy pasta at OG are my kids' fav but I never made these pasta with cheese at home, ur recipe sounds easy n yummy...will try it sometime :)
    Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter will go crazy if she saw this pasta dish, her all time favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. delicious pasta recipe.. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! its looks so delicious i am surely gona to try this. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow mouthwatering visual treat....yum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks Delicious !!!makes me go oooohhhhlalala!!!! Awesome Clicks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. seems yummy..will give a try.

    http://novicescuisine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete